I hope u promote our site. In spite of, despite, although, even though and though, all show CONTRAST. 2, Upper-intermediate grammar exercise: wish … would, wouldn’t, Upper-intermediate grammar exercise: phrasal verbs with ‘up’, Intermediate grammar exercise: countable and uncountable nouns, Upper-intermediate grammar exercise: phrasal verbs ex. They go before a clause. b- Despite ( Although / In spite of ) its frightening appearance, the octopus is shy and completely, 3. 1.
14. She went on working ……………………….. she was tired.
(that) I had all the necessary qualifications. a) although b) despite c) however.
You can always change a verb (e.g.
Try this amazing Despite, In Spite Of, Although, Even Though, However: Grammar Trivia Quiz quiz which has been attempted 7076 times by avid … I love music __ I can’t play a musical instrument. a) however b) although c) either could be used here. Michael - October 24, 2016, 4:07 am Reply, No, you can’t. I couldn’t get to sleep _______ the noise.
It looked dark and heavy __ it was going to rain.
I enjoyed the film in spite of the silly story/… in spite of the story being silly.
Despite and in spite of are prepositions. (despite), 2. English grammar practice exercise, upper-intermediate. Despite is the same as in spite of.
So that vs In order to Exercise / 2 11-12. In spite of what I said yesterday, I still love you. Q8 – They managed it, _________ I wasn’t there.
…………………………., everybody else seemed to enjoy it. …………………….. she is a nice girl, I don’t quite like her. Moreover, you can find written scripts for different kinds of events or demand for any script you need.
c- Either could be used here. Because / And / So / But Exercise 1 / 2 13. Compare the meaning of although and because: After in spite of or despite, we use a noun or pronoun (this/that/what etc.)
8. Write a letter to the health and safety association to aware them about the bad conditions and take appropriate actions of the hostel that you are currently staying in. Answers.
In spite of the pain in his leg, he completed the marathon. The story was silly. c- either could be used here. In addition vs In addition to 10. Although I didn’t like the film, everybody else seemed to enjoy it. (even though), 1. ]; “help” is a good thing, so “in spite of” or “despite,” would not be appropriate.
The words although, though, despite, in spite of and however have very similar meanings; however, they are used in different structures. 1.
can we say like this?
I didn't get the job although I had all the necessary qualifications. Anonymous - October 13, 2018, 3:59 pm Reply. In this exercise you will practise despite, in spite of, although and even though . 5. So That or In Case Exercise 14. 5.
• We didn't go out because it was raining. Newscasting Opening and Closing Script Lines – Newspaper…, Best Graduation Speech in English – Commencement Speech, The 10 Best Essay Writing Services You Will…, 50 Multiple Choice Questions With Answers For Beginner…, Three Degrees of Adjectives Exercises With Answers, Practice Essay Writing Online Free Service: Useful Tips…, 10 Best Essay Writing Books Every Student Needs…, Find Experts for Assignment Help – Deal With…, 5 General Qualities of The Best Academic Writing, 504 Absolutely Essential Words Listening Download, 10 Best Tips for Designing a Flipped Classroom, How To Revive Audience For Your Travel Business…, How to Learn a New Language From Subtitles…, How to Write an Analytical Essay in English, 5 Attractive Online Video Makers to Use in…, Dodge Deadlines And Last-Minute Revisions With 7 Useful…, Screen Recording for Business?
5. Despite / In Spite Of / Though 4.
Although / in spite of / despite .
“In spite of” is the same as “despite,” both of which mean ‘regardless of [some negative, bad, harmful, or unhelpful thing / circumstance / situation / event / etc. 4. (in spite of), 9. …………………….
9. Greate pieces. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Because gerunds as treated as nouns, they can come after despite or in spite of. I’m not that much of a online reader to be honest but your blogs really. 6. A verb in ~ing form that is used as a noun is called a gerund. Despite / In Spite Of / Though 4.
E x e r c i s e i n s t r uc t i o n s Fill the gap in each sentence with despite, in spite of, although or even though . 3. Dick and Sarah are still planning to get married __ their disagreement.
For example: Despite he had no time, he stopped to … In spite of having very little money, they are happy. 4. 8. 2. We managed to do it, ………………………….. the fact that he was not there. She went on working despite the fact that she was tired.
__ I had planned everything carefully, a lot of things went wrong. Despite his English name/ Despite having an English name/Despite the fact that he, 2. (not in spite of the traffic was bad), In spite of the traffic, I arrived on time. 1. ‘in spite of’, ‘despite’ and ‘although’ are all used to show contrast and are used for the same meaning.
I’ve been browsing online more than 4 hours today, yet I never found any interesting. b- despite ( Although / Despite ) cats cannot see in complete darkness, their eyes are much more, 2. 1. 1, Upper-intermediate grammar exercise: reported speech. ; She wasn’t well, but in spite of this, she went to work. (even though), 6.
6. Try this amazing Despite, In Spite Of, Although, Even Though, However: Grammar Trivia Quiz quiz which has been attempted 7076 times by avid …
Though and although are conjunctions. In the article below I cover though, although, in spite of and despite exercise, complete the sentences below by selecting correct options. I didn’t like the film, everybody else seemed to enjoy it.
Here’s what you need…, 10 Educational Games for Students – Online Digital…, Reason Why You Need to Acquire Microsoft AZ-103…, Install & Configure Remote Desktop Services on Server…, How to Fix Network Discovery Turn Off on…, Perform Bulk Active Directory Operations Using Dsadd On…, Adjust Line Spacing Between Lines and Paragraph in Word, The 10 Best English Online Courses for Beginners, Comparative and Superlative Adverbs Rules.
There’s a full grammar explanation below the exercise if you need it.
In spite of not having eaten for 24 hours, I didn’t feel hungry.
• I didn't get the job although I had all the necessary qualifications..
Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. 2.
In spite of the rain, we enjoyed our holiday.
a) in spite of b) however c) although, a) despite b) although c) however.
__ being very tired, we carried on walking.
We went out in spite of the rain, (or ...despite the rain.).
1. I decided to accept the job although the salary was low. Although she had an injured foot/Although her foot was injured …, 3.
We hardly ever see each other.
Q6 – I was late.
Cloze Exercise - Common Proverbs (1) It's helpful to know the really common English proverbs because we hear them come up in conversation all the time. In spite other injured foot, she managed to walk to the village. We went out although it rained.
5. Q9 – They managed it _______________ the fact that I wasn’t there. Write a letter to your younger brother advising him to take an interest in games. 2. 4.
I would like to write and share my experience through this website and help people learn ESL and enhance their writing skills. a- though Although/though/in spite of/because/because of, Today’s Life of a Teenager is Easier Than The Previous Generation, Solutions to Reduce Environmental Pollution, Today’s Life of Teenager is Easier than Previous Generation, I didn’t eat anything although ____________________________________________________, I didn’t eat anything in spite of ____________________________________________________. After although we use a subject + verb: • Although it rained a lot, we enjoyed our holiday.
(in spite of), 4.
a) however b) although c) despite.
8. I didn’t like the film, however, everybody else seemed to enjoy it.