The stairs are your friends. Embrace them!
Month 1 in the books!
Just a quick shout-out to all my students. I’m always impressed with the dedication that you put toward your practice. Allowing me the honor to be your coach is very rewarding and it’s my aim to keep learning to make sure that we are all the best versions of ourselves that we can possibly be.
So many great stories are be written as I type this…
1) Ginny – hearing the pitty-patter of her feet coming down Linda Ave on Weds & Friday morning..farmer walking her kettlebells 2000ft to their final destination at Beach Field. She is down to 3 stops (from 5) in just a couples weeks time!
2) Angelica – SO proud of her first push-up this past Sunday. Even more impressive was her squatting with the 20kg for reps while facing the San Francisco skyline!
3) Quang muscling through the Racked Clean program and challenging himself to the 16kgs on the final round.
4) Andrew with his first time EVER deadlifting and pulling 190 lbs off the floor!
5) Jeannette feeling some muscles popping in on her biceps. She is now swinging the 24kg with authority!
6) Mike with his great time of 1:15 in the 20 swing/Rose Garden stairs sprint. I’m thinking he’s got a little left in the tank.
7) Gayathri starting to take command of the 12kg with her squats. She has come a long way and will continue to get stronger!
8) Jessica with her first of many 24kg swings!
I’m excited as this will be the first week we will be checking out Witter Field (Piedmont High School Football Field) on Thursday evening at 7pm. Expect lots of crawling, get-ups aplenty and 100 yard waiter walks! Oh yea, they have stairs there as well!
Next Saturday we will be at Joaquin Miller for a 9am start. Sunday we return to the Rose Garden (also at 9am).
I’m also having an unscheduled meet-up this Wednesday at 10am at Cesar Chavez Park in Berkeley. Call me if you are interested in joining – (415)710-5918
I’ll be recertifying my kettlebell credentials with StrongFirst in a little over 2 months in Salt Lake City. I’ll be tested once again on all my skills, including the snatch test – 100 reps/5mi w/24kg. Good times! In preparation, I’ve just started a program call the “Secret Service Snatch Test Prep Workout” – Secret Service agents need to snatch the 24kg bell 200 times in 10min. It was the same program I completed before my initial certification almost 18 months ago.
Sincere apologies for my calendering SNAFU this past week. I’m hoping this is all cleared-up. In order to see the location of the class, you need to be logged-in to your account. You should then be able to see the CLASS NOTES for where we will be meeting.
Take time to enjoy some of this incredible weather we are having this week!